Professor Ioannidis will present on the theme of personalized medicine.
John P.A. Ioannidis’s revolutionary paper ‘Why Most Published Research Findings Are False’ is PLoS Medicine’s most downloaded technical paper. Professor Ioannidis grew up in Athens, Greece and he now is
- Professor of Medicine, Professor of Health Research and Policy, and Director of the Stanford Prevention Research Center at Stanford University School of Medicine;
- Professor of Statistics (by courtesy) at Stanford University School of Humanities and Sciences;
- one of the two Directors of the Meta-Research Innovation Center at Stanford;
- holding the C.F. Rehnborg Chair in Disease Prevention at Stanford University;
- Director of the PhD program in Epidemiology and Clinical Research.